Sunday, August 17, 2008

Well its day 1 of my adventure in Russia. It took 30 hours to get here and I am pretty tired even though I slept some. It is going to take a long time to get used to being here. I guess the biggest change is going to be cultural differeces. It feels like they are 30-40 years behind here but with some modern conviences. My room has a tv that gets 1 or 2 stations. I have High Speed internet access but my cell phone won't work because I didn't get a world phone. They have a different system here than Verizon uses.

After I got up - went and ate lunch with Jeff and then went out to the mill. Got an idea of just what a huge task I have ahead of me. Well if nothing else it will keep me busy.

I don't have a cable to connect my camera and I don't have a card reader so I guess photos might be a little while in coming. I can take them but have no way to transfer them. I'll figure it out though.

Well I wanted to get started on this and get it set up so Danelle can get everybody linked to it.
Got that done and now it's dinner time.

More Later

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi Rob, Glad to hear you arrived and are getting settled in. This is one huge adventure. Dad and I will love reading the blogs to keep up with everything that is going on over there. Love you. Mom